Friday, November 3, 2017

You Can Bet On It! (Week 10)

You Can Bet On It! (11/2/17)

Welcome back,

At this point I don’t have a clue about what the hell is going on in college football anymore, and if I’m being completely honest I kind of love it that way. In case you missed either Ohio State vs Penn State or the TCU vs Iowa State game I suggest you take the time and check out the highlights because both of those games can go down as instant classics. As I write this it’s only a few hours away from the first college football playoff rankings are to get announced and I do not envy the people in the room who have to make those choice because my head just thinking about all the craziness that has happened this season. As for my picks, it’s safe to say that I am not having a good year at least in this column and truth be told this is also one of my worse years in the last 10 years I have been making picks. So I will do my very best to turn this around before the end of the year, however at this point the safe bet would be on me not being able so……

Memphis vs Tulsa, Tulsa OK, 8:00pm (11/3)
Spread:  Memphis by 12 points
Over/Under: 78 points

First thing that caught my eye was that this game started off at 14 ½ point in Memphis favor and has dropped 2 points in only two days, that means a lot of bets have been made on Tulsa to keep it within 2 touchdowns and Vegas is correcting for those large bets. Now I can’t think of a reason for why so many bets have come in on Tulsa unless someone knows about a ref being bought to affect the outcome and I’m not aware of it. Memphis has only one loss on the season while Tulsa has only two wins on the season against a much easier schedule than Memphis when compared. Neither team seems to care much for play defense which can be seen in the over/under, I am going to take the over because of that and try and take advantage of the Vegas correction and take Memphis to cover the 12.

Memphis: 48 Tulsa: 31

North Carolina State vs Clemson, Raleigh NC, 3:30pm
Spread:  Clemson by 7 ½ points
Over/Under: 51 points

This is much more intriguing game than most people would think considering together both of these teams have lost a total of 3 games this season. Clemson is currently in a playoff push with only one loss and North Carolina State had a chance to be a Cinderella of college football until they went into South Bend last week. I could honestly see either one of the spreads come out this one because this is a contest between two ACC powerhouses who know each other well. I view this as a dog fight that will go down to the last possession mainly because North Carolina State is going to be at home and they are trying to play spoiler at the hands of a conference foe. I will take NC State to stay within the touchdown and the over because I think it is a little low for such a contest

North Carolina State: 31 Clemson: 27

Iowa State vs West Virginia, Morgantown WV, 3:30pm
Spread: West Virginia by 2 ½ points
Over/Under: 60 points

So I guess this week I am on a big game kick because this is another game that I would recommend tuning into if you have chance. Iowa State this year has been a mix between Cinderella in their own right but they have also been a nightmare for other power houses as well, just ask Oklahoma and TCU. West Virginia is not a joke of a team either and a getting the almost customary 3 point favorite that should be the home team. I just have a gut feeling that Iowa State is not a fluke and should not be treated as such as like as Matt Campbell is coaching and making a QB an amazing LB and winning games with the 3rd strong QB. I will take Iowa State to further prove that once again to any remaining doubters that they are the real deal in another strong road win and I’ll take the over to boot because well no one in the Big 12 plays defense.

Iowa State: 38 West Virginia: 32

LOCK OF THE WEEK

California vs Oregon State, Berkeley CA, 10:30pm
Spread: Carolina by 8 points
Over/Under: 55 points

I am aware that my locks of the week have been as successful as JuJu Smith-Schuster’s bike lock so proceeded with caution for my sake. Now California should have been a much better them than they are this year and have been under preforming at every turn. Oregon State however has never expected to be that good this year and they certainly have shown that with only one win to date. The reason I am going to take California as my lock this week is because they are going to be at home and Oregon State has really struggled, which is saying something for them, on the road this year. California should be much better than they have played and this is a game for them to show that but I don’t have much faith in either team so I’ll go with the under as well.

California: 28 Oregon State: 13

Current Record: 15-19-2

Last Week: 1-3-0

No comments:

Post a Comment