Saturday, November 25, 2017

You Can Bet On It (Week 13)

You Can Bet On It! (11/23/17)

Welcome back,

Happy Thanksgiving everyone I hope everyone who reads this has had a great turkey day with great friends or family like I did. I would like to say that I am thankful for all the great football that I have been lucky enough to be able to see this season. All though my team has fallen short and likewise so have my picks this season has only increased my joy for all college football. For the sake of possibly losing some people due to left over itis, I will try and crotch grab this week’s pick to victory like Baker Mayfield at Kansas.

Utah State vs Air Force, Colorado Springs, CO, 10:15pm
Spread:  Air Force by 2
Over/Under: 57 points

This isn’t a game that most other people are not going to clamor to watch but based on the spread you might want to. Now neither team is really fighting for anything that much matter other than maybe pride. Utah State has had quite a disappointing year and does not have many good win to hang their hat on, while Air Force has underperformed in my opinion. That being said being that is under a field goal spread when Air Force is at home it’s a no brainer to me to go with Air Force and most likely the over as I don’t see much defense played in this game

Air Force: 38 Utah State: 28

North Carolina vs North Carolina State, Raleigh, NC, 3:30pm
Spread: North Carolina State by 17
Over/Under: 57 points

A few weeks ago if you gave me this game with the same spread I would of had a harder time to figure out how the spread would play out. However now as things stand  North Carolina is still bad yet they are starting to play better football as of late while the opposite can be said of North Carolina State after they lost to Norte Dame and Clemson in back to back weeks. I am going to take North Carolina in this one because of this tread but also because it is a rivalry game after all and 17 points is quite a large spread for such. Give me the under to go with it seeing as I don’t have a ton of faith in either offense.

North Carolina: 17 North Carolina State: 24

UNLV vs Nevada, Reno, NV, 2:00pm
Spread: Nevada by 2 ½ points
Over/Under: 67 ½ points

I don’t really have reasoning for picking this game other than it seems fitting given the fact it’s the battle of the gambling game, I don’t think that’s the name of this rivalry but it should be. Both teams are quite bad but I have a feeling and seeing as we are talking about spreads give me UNLV and the over in what I hope is a crazy game fitting of two major gambling cities.

UNLV: 48 Nevada: 45

LOCK OF THE WEEK

Notre Dame vs Stanford, Stanford CA, 8:00pm
Spread:  Notre Dame by2 ½ points
Over/Under: 55 points

Notre Dame is in a skid when it comes to the spread and they finally actually have to play on the road for what feels like the second time all year. This Notre Dame was overrated in my opinion most of the year and quite frankly still is if I am being honest. Stanford on the other hand has a pretty solid year all things considered given they were not one of the California teams that got any attention when the year started. I will take Stanford at home to win but I will take the under in a game I don’t see much scoring in.

Notre Dame: 21 Stanford: 27

Current Record: 20-26-2

Last Week: 2-2-0

No comments:

Post a Comment