Friday, November 10, 2017

You Can Bet On It (Week 11)

You Can Bet On It! (11/9/17)

Welcome back,

Well my college football teams hope have now gone the toilet like most of my picking ability has seemed to this year. Now I have some hope considering my picks last week but I am going to just jump into my picks this week and hope for the best so here we go.

Alabama vs Mississippi State, Starkville MS, 7:00pm
Spread:  Alabama by 14 points
Over/Under: 50 ½ points

This is an easy choice for me based on a couple of factors one of which this is still Alabama after all and they could produce a blow out at any time. Other factors are the 14 points is the smallest spread Alabama has seen all year, this along with the fact that Mississippi State was losing late in the game to UMass last week. I’m not fazed by Mississippi State being at home as I don’t think it will help them much in the contest which due to the love given to the SEC is seen as a much closer matchup than it should be. I will take Alabama no question and the over, so I guess roll tide!

Alabama: 38 Mississippi State: 17

Iowa vs Wisconsin, Madison WI, 3:30pm
Spread:  Wisconsin by 12 ½ points
Over/Under: 46 points

This might be the game I am most unsure of this week with my picks because I have been unable to place who either of these two teams are this year. Wisconsin has been a strong team but does lack competition considering they play the weaker of the Big Ten divisions even though they have looked strong all year. Iowa on the other hand does have a hard time on the road and certainly can do damage at home as I saw to my pain last week against my Buckeyes. That being said I think Iowa is a much better team than most give credit yet could still be overlooked. I will take Iowa and the points to play a much closer game than most think and the over which is crazy low.

Iowa: 28 Wisconsin: 32

Georgia vs Auburn, Auburn AL, 3:30pm
Spread: Georgia by 2 ½ points
Over/Under: 48 points

Well this spread seems like an insult to Georgia who has had quite a strong season so far and is currently ranked number one in the college football playoff rankings. Now Auburn is at home and they have not had a bad season however they haven’t really played anyone except for Clemson and they still lost to a way overrated LSU team. I don’t see any reason why Georgia shouldn’t win this game and by a field goal seems more than reasonable to me, and again I’ll take the over because I don’t know where these low predictions are coming from.

Georgia: 31 Auburn: 21

LOCK OF THE WEEK

Kansas vs Texas, Berkeley CA, 6:00pm
Spread: Texas by 33 points
Over/Under: 55 points

This maybe one of my boldest predictions considering the extremely large spread however I do feel like it is warranted in this situation for one main reason. Kansas is bad and I mean really, really, really bad considering last week they were the underdog to Baylor who had not one a game up to that point and they did lose that contest.  Texas has not been anything to write home about and has burned me more than once this year but they have been getting better with each week that along with the fact they have one missed the spread in 2 games this season I have faith. I will take Texas and the under in fear Kansas can’t even score.

Kansas: 3 Texas: 42

Current Record: 18-20-2
Last Week: 3-1-0

No comments:

Post a Comment