Saturday, November 18, 2017

You Can Bet On It (Week 12)

You Can Bet On It! (11/16/17)

Welcome back,

Yay chaos! I cannot say that enough and you can verify that with Dan Snyder if you think that I am lying. I have said it before and will continue to say that this is the reason I love college football and believe that every sports fan should too. In no other sport that I can think of is chaos such an important part of the entertainment, at any point in time seasons can be destroyed, teams can climb to be contenders, and nothing is settled until the end of the year. Now I think it’s great however it was not that way with my picks but that shouldn’t really surprise me seeing as for every week I have taken a step forward the next I get beat like Notre Dame last Saturday…bad. I will do my best to get off of the mat this week but I make not such guarantee.

Michigan vs Wisconsin, Madison WI, 7:00pm
Spread:  Wisconsin by 7 ½ points
Over/Under: 41 points

Now first of all in any other year I would probably avoid this game as it is usually always a marquee matchup for the Big 10. However I don’t think that this one will be for a couple of reason and I might have felt differently if this game was played in the big house. Wisconsin is still flying under the radar for most including the college football playoff committee for being undefeated. Michigan on the other hand has tried very hard to get back on track but the key losses from last year and the slowed pace of player development have them already looking into next year. I believe Wisconsin knows they need a statement game where they put up a convincing win and there are fewer better teams to do that against other than Michigan, so I will take Wisconsin and the over.

Michigan: 14 Wisconsin: 35

Purdue vs Iowa, Iowa City, IA, 3:30pm
Spread: Iowa by 8 ½ points
Over/Under: 41 points

Oh Iowa the ban of my existence as a fan and as a person looking to make the right picks yet here you are again grabbing my attention. Iowa has been a roller coast of a team this year, winning big games at time but also blowing other. Purdue…well not so much but I will say they have played most of their games close especially in those that they lost. That however does not excuse losing to Rutgers because that is just a plain ole bad look for any college team in the FBS. I will take Iowa in this one because they are at home and if they can beat my Buckeyes at home in convincing fashion then you have to be able to roll on a team that lost to Rutgers and the over because 41 is just too low for 
college football.

Iowa: 31 Purdue: 13

Fresno State vs Wyoming, Laramie, WY, 2:00pm
Spread: Pick
Over/Under: 41 ½ points

I am going to be completely honest on this one I don’t know much about either of these teams as I have not seem much of them. I do know Wyoming has a hell of a quarterback and has beaten some solid teams along the way this season plus they are at home. SO I just went with my gut when I saw it and am going to say Wyoming and the over because again why so many low spreads, maybe I should my pick on those next year?

Wyoming: 35 Fresno State: 31

LOCK OF THE WEEK

Iowa State vs Baylor, Waco TX, 12:00pm
Spread:  Iowa State by 9 ½ points
Over/Under: 54 ½ points

This game seems crazy obvious and so much so that I feel like I am missing something. Iowa State has been the surprise of college football this year and rightfully so with the big wins they have had and yes they have lost some close games to big school and maybe a few they should have one. The reason this game is head scratching to me is such a low spread against a Baylor team that has only one win even. Yes they are at home which can give them some advantage in this contest but I just don’t see the talent level as being anywhere close to equal. I think Iowa State will bounce back after two straight losses and do so in impressive fashion again a Baylor team that is, to put it nicely, lacking. Give me Baylor and the over because this is the Big 12 football after all and defense is overrated.

Iowa State: 42 Baylor: 18

Current Record: 18-24-2
Last Week: 0-4-0

No comments:

Post a Comment