Thursday, October 26, 2017

You Can Bet on It! (Week 9)

You Can Bet On It! (10/26/17)

Welcome back,

So I am going to keep this short because I am not even sure if I know what I am doing with my picks this year. In all fairness I have not been scoring well in any of my pick’em league other than my top 25 against the spread. However I am hovering around 50 percent and I am going to see what I can do about getting this train wreck back on track. So without delay here is what I have to probably screw up this week seeing as college football makes no sense to me.

P.S. I would have included my Ohio State Buckeyes against Penn State but as any true fan should tell you, you should not bet on your team it usually backfires.

North Carolina State vs Norte Dame, South Bend IN, 3:30pm
Spread:  Norte Dame by 7 ½ points
Over/Under: 58 points

This game is one of the games this week to keep an eye on even though most of the college football world will be focused on Ohio State and Penn State at this time. North Carolina State is quietly positioned themselves in the top 15 with strong win against than ranked Louisville and Florida State and with doing so put themselves in control of their own ACC destiny. However Notre Dame may prove to be their toughest test to date although Clemson lays waiting for them next week. Norte Dame on the other hand has been climbing the top 25 ever sense their lose to Georgia in the second week of the year however their record seems to reflect strong play against overrated teams like USC and Michigan State at least for this football year. I’m not too worried that North Carolina State will be thinking too far ahead to next, if anything I think they will view this game a chance to sharpen their skills. Norte Dame on the other hand I feel could underestimate this team at home and after many convincing wins, I don’t know if North Carolina State will win this game but I believe that they can so I will take them and the points and go with the over to boot.
North Carolina State: 38 Norte Dame: 35

Texas vs Baylor, Waco TX, 12:00pm
Spread:  Texas by 7 ½ points
Over/Under: 57 points

Now this game is almost surely set to be the polar opposite of the game I just picked and would not worry about this game selling out or look for the TV ratings to be very high. The main reason I like this game a pick is I think the spread is lower than it should be. Baylor has done very little to impress me aside for playing West Virginia close last weekend. Now truth be told Texas has not set the world on fire this season either however they have had back to back strong and competitive games against both Oklahoma and Oklahoma State which are two very decent to strong teams this year. I will take Texas to win by at least 10 but I will take the under as Texas games this game have not set the world on fire this year by any means

Texas: 24 Baylor: 13

Wisconsin vs Illinois, Campaign IL, 12:00pm
Spread: Wisconsin by 26 points
Over/Under: 49 points

Well this going to be short and sweet because there is not much to say about this match up, but I will start with the fact that the spread in this game is over half of the total over/under. What that tells me, which I already knew, is that these teams are in no way equal. Illinois is a team to keep an eye on in years to come but it is not right now and Wisconsin is a playoff contender and needs to keep blowing teams out to impress voters and this a prime game for just that. I am taking Wisconsin because I’m not sure Illinois will even find the end zone and in case they do in garbage time or some special teams play I will take the over.

Wisconsin: 52 Illinois: 7

LOCK OF THE WEEK

Michigan State vs Northwestern, Evanston IL, 3:30pm
Spread: Michigan State by 2 ½ points
Over/Under: 40.5 points

This is a very interesting game to me even though this is not the Big Ten game I will be watching at this particular time for obvious reason if you know me. Northwestern is a team I have a hard time placing because they have had a hard go with team’s way above their skill but have also played some really good football at the same time. Michigan State on the other hand has certainly not had the easiest of schedules and seems often time plays down to the level of their opponents and rose to the level of others. The spread is less than 3 point for the road teams so it’s more like 6. I am going to say we see the Michigan State team that has allowed the team to get to a surprising 6-1 record but I see this as being a good old Big Ten slug fest so I will take the under.

Michigan State: 21 Northwestern: 13

Current Record: 14-16-2
Last Week: 1-3-0

No comments:

Post a Comment